The answer to the question: “My PS3 Keeps Freezing?” is really simple, overheating. A majority, perhaps 95% of the time, PS3 Freezing takes place because the internal components in your PS3 console have reached a certain maximum temperature or even exceeded it causing your entire system to slow down and even stop running completely, thereby causing the freezes.
This may happen periodically sometimes for 3-4 seconds straight during gameplay before continuing again. In more exceptional cases, your PS3 will completely freeze up and you are forced to restart your console and lose any unsaved progress.
PS3 Keeps Freezing – Why does this happen?
Before looking further for deeper solutions for your problem, you should try the following tips first:
- Ensure that your PS3 cables are properly connected. Sometimes, PS3 Freezing are not caused by overheating but merely loose cables that can interrupt the flow of data, electricity and what not.
- Make sure that your vents are not completely blocked off. This had happened in many cases whereby people have placed their consoles either flat down on the floor on the side where the vents are, in an enclosed area with little ventilation or flat against the wall where there is little or no space for the heated air to escape.
If you are sure that your issue is not caused by insufficient air circulation or ventilation issues, then it is possible that certain internal components such as the thermal compound, which helps dissipate heat, is faulty. To fix this problem, you should definitely follow this detailed step-by-step guide written by an expert in PS3 repairs which can be found Here.
Many PS3 owners have been asking in multiple forums and even called up Sony asking this same question of “My PS3 Keeps Freezing All The Time”. Most of the time, many, including Sony would just respond by asking these PS3 owners to send over their PS3 consoles to Sony to be repaired when this is not necessary at all. Of course, Sony would most definitely get your PS3 fixed 100% of the time. However, you should probably know why many others would advise you against doing that. Why? You might ask.
Why Does My PS3 Keep Freezing – Sony’s Repair:-
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind while considering whether to have your PS3 repaired by Sony for PS3 Freezing Issue.
- The first is that Sony often takes at least 4 weeks to repair your PS3 console from the date of the sending. That’s a whole month of not being able to play your PS3. This alone had deterred me from ever doing so.
- The second drawback is that if your warranty has already expired, Sony would charge you a fee of $150 which can go up to $200 depending on costs of shipping and taxes.
- The final drawback is that Sony will most likely return a refurbished version of your console and will not make backups of your saved files, and all your data will be done.
Alternate Fixes [Permanent Fixes]:-
If your PS3 keeps freezing and you do not want to have to wait 4-5 weeks for your PS3 console to be repaired, the best alternative to get this problem fixed by yourself. This could well be done in a few hours at most at a tiny fraction of the cost of Sony’s repair, and you could get back to playing your PS3 by today! Moreover, being able to repair any PS3 Device yourself, you can repair your friends’ PS3 devices too and still make it a secret how you repair it.
To do this, you would need a proper certified guide written by a real expert in this field, which in this case would be a Mr. Rob Sheffield, who has had more than 5 years of experience in PS3 repairs. You should definitely check out his guide here: Rob Sheffield’s PS3 Repair Guide.
Final Thought On PS3 Freezing Fix Issue:-
Clearly, giving your PS3 device to Sony and have all your important data lost is not the case anymore. And, who knows that after being repaired your PS3 by Sony, it will not misbehave in near future? There are high chances that your PS3 will misbehave in near future too. So, it is not a good idea to take your PS3 to Sony each time and pay huge bucks. Instead, go for a permanent solution and learn to fix the issue yourself by going for this step by step guide on fixing any kind of error in PS3 say, PS3 Yellow Light Of Death, PS3 Red Light Of Death, Black Screen Error and PS3 Freezing Issue too.
I hope you have finally found what you were looking for. I am very happy to see getting your PS3 Keeps Freezing Problem Solved. Thanks for reading this guide till here. If you still have any kind of doubt, then feel free to ask us in comment section below. Thanks, Bye.